Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Happy Father's Day.


Its Father’s Day
You ask me where’s my dad.
He’s gone I reply. He tried to stay,
But God said it was time to go
And he had to leave.
Can you call him? you ask
I call out to him, but there’s no response
Can you hear him, you ask?
No but I hear his voice echo in my memories
Can you see him, you ask?
No but when I close my eyes I see his face
Can you visit him?
No, but I can lay flowers where we put his remains to rest
You ask me again, where is your dad?
I reply ‘I don’t Know’
Where ever he is, is he happy there?
I reply ‘I hope so’.
Say I love you. Hug dad, see dad, hear dad, call dad.
Don’t let petty things keep you.
We are temporary. Every day with him is beautiful.
I cry out at the top of my lungs Happy Father’s Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And I cry till my throat is sore
There is no response.
I leave my card and flowers.
I hope somewhere out there, he can hear me, see me, hug me
From beyond this mist that separates my world from his.

No comments:

Post a Comment